Monday, January 26, 2009

My 29th

Thank God for my little family. I have been blessed. I have more than I need.




My last year in my twenties... My 29th consisted of baking 7-layer bars, cookies, pizzas (most of which were burnt due to our very crappy oven) and lots more. I dragged Tylor to see Slumdog Millionnaire with me. I still want to see Revolutionary Road. Emmalee had a sleepover with her Grandma, Grandpa and little cousin Aiden. I think she had a blast, and we got to sleep in (past 10am! Eek!) I had a yummy brunch with friends and family which included the world's best biscuits and gravy, coffee and a mimosa. Too much food in one weekend, that's for sure! I finished A Thousand Splendid Suns and am about to start on My Sister's Keeper.

Emmalee argued that it wasn't my birthday because I didn't have a birthday cake, but when I tucked her into bed last night she sang Happy Birthday to me. That's all I needed.



I have a stack of birthday cards on the counter, a dozen birthday text messages on my phone and dozens more birthday wishes on my facebook. Thank you all.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

What a beautiful picture of you and your daughter! Happy Birthday! Glad to hear you enjoyed it. How was Slumdog Millionaire? I heard it was great and am looking forward to going to see it. :)