Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sneak Peek: Family of Five { portland family photographer }


Yet another family that reminds me why I love love love what I do.  3-year-old Azrael has galactosemia and wasn't expected to live past one month of age.  Her family now has portraits taken twice a year in effort to document every step through life.  We did two family sessions in 2010, then I photographed little Ari's adoption ceremony.  Now, here they are, new founders of Azrael's Wish, a non-profit organization funding research to find treatments or a cure for galactosemia.  (For more information, visit http://www.azraelswish.org/what-is-galactosemia/)  Even though we've met for 4 sessions so far, I fell in love with the whole family at our first session.  It is such a joy to spend time with them and present them with images I know they will cherish, for generations to come.



 




No comments: